The gallbladder is a small organ located under your liver, and its job is to aid your body’s digestion by storing bile, a fluid produced by the liver that breaks down fats. When your gallbladder encounters a problem, it can result in very distinctive abdominal pain, among other issues. Unfortunately, many of these symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, and fever, are associated with a number of other ailments, causing many people to forgo treatment in favor of a wait-and-see approach.
Below, we discuss what to look out for when you believe your gallbladder is acting up. If your symptoms are severe, schedule a consultation with Whalen Clark, M.D., a gallbladder surgeon in Tampa, to have your condition diagnosed and treated.
Symptoms That Indicate a Gallbladder Issue
As mentioned, problems in the gallbladder will cause a number of symptoms — some distinctive, some not. These symptoms are as follows:
- Abdominal Pain: Due to its location under the liver, pain resulting from a gallbladder issue is usually localized around the upper-right portion of the abdomen. This pain can range from mild to severe and may be intermittent or chronic.
- Nausea and Vomiting: This, in addition to other digestive issues, could be a sign of a serious disease or disorder.
- Fever: A clear indicator of infection. Seek immediate medical attention to ensure it doesn’t spread throughout the body.
- Diarrhea: Another indicator of potential gallbladder disease. Be mindful of frequent bowel movements that are abnormal in color.
- Jaundice: Yellowing of the skin, possibly in response to a bile duct blockage. This is a serious condition with a number of potential underlying causes. Seek immediate medical attention if you suspect you are suffering from jaundice.
- Dark Urine: Another sign of a blocked bile duct.
As mentioned, you should seek medical attention if you have a fever or yellowing skin. You should also schedule a consultation with a gallbladder surgeon in Tampa if you have any form of gallbladder pain. This pain could be an indicator of any number of serious medical conditions, including gallstones, gallbladder disease, gallbladder polyps, and gallbladder cancer, among others. The only way to have your ailment properly diagnosed and treated is to visit a trained medical professional.
Schedule an Appointment Today
There are medications and therapies that can effectively treat some of the above conditions; however, in cases like gallbladder cancer, the most effective treatment is a partial or complete removal of the gallbladder. While this may feel like a frightening prospect, it is actually one of the most common procedures performed in the United States. If you’re concerned with your gallbladder health and unsure of whom to turn to, there is no better choice than Dr. Clark.
Thanks to years of experience, Dr. Clark can effectively diagnose and treat your gallbladder condition with advanced robotic-assisted surgery designed to reduce scarring and recovery time. If you’re living in pain and discomfort, you don’t have to. Schedule an appointment today with Dr. Whalen Clark, a gallbladder surgeon in Tampa.
Disclaimer:The contents of this website are for general educational purposes only. All content and media on the Whalen Clark, M.D. website does not constitute professional medical advice nor is the information intended to replace the services of Whalen Clark, M.D. or other qualified medical professionals. If you believe you are having a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
The content, views, and opinions communicated on this website do not represent the views of Whalen Clark, M.D. Reliance on any information provided by this website is solely at your own risk. Although this website contains links to other medical websites, this is strictly for informational purposes. Whalen Clark, M.D. is not responsible nor do they approve of the content featured on any third party linked websites referenced on this website.